Saturday, May 03, 2008


So...


Its 10:30pm. I should be working on homework, but i'm getting annoyed with writing this 6 page paper on comparing Socrates and Confucius with my own philosophy on Ethics. I've got about three pages done, but I honestly do not want to write any more!!!!!


One more week left of classess... actually, a total of two days. Seems so weird I'm at the last days of my junior year of COLLEGE. Senior status is only but days away!



I am so excited about spring. Well, the idea of spring anyway. Iowa tends to skip that season. But we're definately not in winter anymore!!! The picture is one I took of my tulips a few weeks ago.. unfortunately, they are long dead. I don't exactly have a green thumb. It's okay, I was able to enjoy them for a few days at least, and take some pictures.



I'm thinking about printing out some of my flower pictures and framing them, puting them around the house. I cant keep real flowers alive, but at least i'd still be able to see them!



Today I went to IWC graduation ceremony. It was pretty good, i guess. I can't believe some of the friends I have that are college grads! It seems like just yesterday I was a freshman, and graduation for me is just around the corner. Amazing how time flys when your having fun, or too busy to even notice. One of my really amazing friends, Shannon, graduated, and it is so weird. Luckily, she is staying in Iowa, unlike my last good friend who graduated, Maggie, who decided to up and move to New York. Crazy girl. Oh well, she would've never stayed long here anyway. At the IWC ceremony former Iowa governer Vilsack and his wife was there, but he didn't talk, she did. There was also a Kennedy who spoke as well. But It was hard sittin... an hour and a half!!! I dont know how i'm going to suffer through Sara Jess's graduation... 400 kids... i had to suffer through it from my own high school graduation haha




I am super-psyched for my internship this summer. It'll be great! I am so close to being a practicing nurse it scares me. I think I'll be good though. I care about people and their feelings, and most importantly I feel I have a decent intellectual capacity.


I haven't decided about going for my masters yet. I keep going back and forth. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but I went to school so I could be a nurse. So I'd really like to experience that for a few years before doing something else. I am interesting in being a CRNA, but again, that takes 2 years of hardcore schooling, after working as an RN for 3 years in ICU.


  1. I really dont think I could afford to go to school full time for two whole years (including summers) after I will have more important financial obligations

  2. I would have to work for 3 years first in ICU; if I get hired in ICU. So it could potentially be 10 years before even having the chance to apply.

  3. What if I hate being an ICU nurse, even though it is completely different work from a CRNA?

  4. Homework.... again...???

So those are my thoughts, mostly negative. So, I guess, if I decide to go for my masters, I may skip the whole CRNA deal and just specialize in something. Like Med/Surg. That is probly what I'll be working for a few years anyway, which is fine, I really enjoy it thus far.


Who knows, maybe I'll go on to get my ARNP, and be Dr. Nurse Amelia. Wouldn't that be awesome?


No comments: